Sunday, December 03, 2006

First (of many) Christmas Outreach Events

Christmas is truly the best time of year to share the gospel in Japan, and we're already into the thick of it! Japanese love the songs, decorations, and overall festive atmosphere, but have no idea that this all relates to the birth of Christ, the savior for the world!

We spent Sunday afternoon with Nagahata Sensei (one of our teachers) and his wife, helping them reach out to about 20 people in the music community in Karuizawa. I played guitar and helped lead singing, and Sarah and I both shared about what Christmas back in America was like with our families. I wrote out a page of notes in Japanese, and I think it went well - though for all my preparation and practice, it went by rather quickly!


Here Olivia is seeing her first snow in Japan (plus you get to see her cute Christmas outfit!)

2 comments:

Michael and Amber Vestal said...

Great pictures (all through the past several months' posts)! Thanks for sharing the updates, too.

Good to hear from you.

Audrey said...

So great to see the updates! the snow is so beautiful..hope you're able to stay warm up there! Have a wonderful week, Pfeils!